Applying For Press Passes To The Event
If you are a member of the Press and wish to request press passes please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when the application form goes live.
Would you like to write about PotterVerse or interview the team behind it all? Please direct all inquires to Oni Hartstein at Onezumi@Onezumi.com.
For immediate release:
Maryland’s Harry Potter Convention happens this Sept. 8-10th in Baltimore
What: Annual PotterVerse Harry Potter Convention
When: Sept. 8-10, 2017 (exact daily times at website link below)
Where: Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace 202 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202
Who: Stars and fans of long running book and movie series Harry Potter
Why: Harry Potter Convention for news coverage and/or events calendar listing
More info: https://PotterVerseCon.com/
BALTIMORE, MD – December 8, 2016: Harry Potter gets the (Re)Generation Who treatment in Baltimore the Sept; many celebrities to appear
Baltimore is now home to PotterVerse, The Mid-Atlantic’s Harry Potter Fan Convention. Brought to you by Onezumi Events, the same team behind the highly acclaimed (Re)Generation Who Doctor Who Convention, PotterVerse is set to bring the same quality, magic, and family-friendly environment they are known for to the Harry Potter world.
Media interested in attending and covering the event or in a preview are welcome to contact media relations coordinator Angela Pritchett. The form to request media access is online at: https://regenerationwho.com/get-involvedpress/press/
Many celebrity guests, performers, and cosplay events will be announced. Join us to participate in our Children’s program, autograph sessions, photo ops, deep discussion of both the books and movies, scavenger hunts, cosplay contests, an extensive vendor’s room, artists, giveaways, and plenty of surprises TBA.
Our entire convention team is thrilled to be able to bring this to the fans. PotterVerse is a safe space where all fans can meet the actors, show off their costumes, and meet other people who love the series just as much as we do. Sign language interpreters are available upon request.
PotterVerse is an Onezumi Events production. Helmed by Oni Hartstein, this will mark the organizations’ eleventh time organizing an exciting major 3 day event.
Tickets for PotterVerse can be bought at https://potterversecon.com/registration/register-for-potterverse/ and may be purchased in advance online at $80 for adults and $20 for children 12 and under for the full weekend. At door cost is $90 for adults and $20 for children 12 and under.
Daily tickets will go on sale in 2017 and will be announced on the PotterVerseCon website. Advanced tickets and VIP packages levels 2+ may only be purchased until Friday, Sept. 1 at midnight. After that tickets and only VIP package Level 1 may be purchased at the door. Register in advance (https://potterversecon.com/registration/register-for-potterverse/) for the cheapest price.
Here is a print-res logo:
– Kasterborous: Convention In Review: (Re)Generation Who Rocks America!
– Paste Magazine: 12 things we learned at (Re)Generation Who
– The Baltimore Sun: Cover and center spread.
– The Baltimore Sun: For Maryland’s ‘Doctor Who’ fans, a convention to revel in a cult favorite
– The Washington Post: INTERVENTION 2013: Co-founder Oni Hartstein says Maryland convention ‘is my way of giving back’
– All Up Together interviews Oni about the social impact of the con.
– Fan to Pro interviews Oni about the professional aspects of fandom in regard to Intervention.
– Convention Fans Blog says that Intervention is a Great Marketing Opportunity
– Intervention founders Onezumi and Harknell talk about the event on on CNN.
– The Gazette writes: Intervention provides web comic artists with educational opportunities.
– Intervention founder Onezumi talks about the con and says, “I’m what you’d get if you put Salvador Dali and Beavis and Butthead in a blender with Kermit the Frog”
– Geeking Out About has posted an interview with Onezumi about the con.
– Comics Coast to Coast ep. 125 featured founders Onezumi and Harknell talking about Intervention.
– GeekDad talks about how you should Have an Intervention with Your Kids.
– Dueling Analogs writes about what a great and unique experience our event is.
– GeekMom podcast talks about Intervention!
– The Comic Dish interviews Onezumi and Harknell about Intervention
– Examiner – NJ Comic Creators build Intervention Con
– Geeking Out About: Comic Non Sans: Intervention
– Two Guys Talking Webcomics: TGT Webcomics Podcast – Episode 115
– Art & Story: Episode 145 – The Big Intervention
– Otaku USA Magazine: Friday ACE Episode 24
– Wired Magazine: name checks Interventon.
– ShrinkGeek: CEO-flavored insanity: An interview with Onezumi
– Charm City Current: Giving the Internet An INTERVENTION: A Q&A With Onezumi
– Man vs. Art: Episode 29
– Otaku Generation: Show #273
– The Power Geeks #65
– Wired Article
– Washington City Paper Interview with Onezumi about Intervention.
– Wired.com: Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con Click here to read the Interview.
– “Match made in geek heaven! It looks like you guys worked really hard. We appreciate it!” @thinkgeek Twitter
– “I have to say as a rookie with a brand new Webcomic…Intervention was the most intense and perfect education a newbie could EVER hope to get. The panels…incredibly informative. Lots of direct access to the pros…This event was a game changing/life changing event for me. Thank you to all of you who had any hand in this Con!! – Craig Cobalt”
– “I’ve already booked a room for every weekend in 2011 from early September to late October! OK I haven’t yet, but I SHOULD! – Pete Abrams”
– “Is it gonna be in January? I really don’t feel like waiting a whole year for the next one. -Shane McCarthy”
– “Intervention was epic, and the second one can only be better from the sounds of it. Definitely the most fun I’ve had at a con in quite a while. – Phil Gorski”
– “Thank you Oni – this is a very thoughtful and helpful follow-up! I can see why the event was a success, you are very good at what you do! Looking forward to being involved again next year – please stay in touch and keep me posted on the happenings! – Kevin Lyons-Tarr, CEO – 4Imprint.com”
– One attendee even wrote a song about us: http://www.hello-the-future.net/?p=274